Terms and Conditions
- The Hirer is responsible for the holiday cottage and is expected to
take all reasonable care. The cottage is cleaned prior to the hirer’s
arrival and must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period.
- Arrivals and Departures. Bookings are usually made from either 3pm
or 4pm on the day of arrival until 9.30am on the day of departure (unless
by prior arrangement).
- Deposit. Bookings will not be confirmed until a 30% deposit has been
received, except when the booking is made within 6 weeks of arrival
date when full payment is due.
- Balance. The balance payment is due 6 weeks before the arrival date,
where the balance payment is not received Holiday Cottages in Whitby
reserves the right to re-let the property and retain the deposit.
- Prices include gas, electric and bedding (and towels if stated)
- Damages. Damages and breakages are the legal responsibility of the
hirer. However, minor accidental breakages will not normally be charged
- Motor Cars and Personal Belongings. Personal belongings are the
responsibility of the hirer at all times. No responsibility can be
accepted for loss or damage to motor vehicles.
- Party Size. No more than the maximum number of persons as stated for
the property is allowed. If over populating the property is found all
guests will be asked to leave immediately and no refund will be given.
- Pets. 1 small well behaved pet is welcome at Clamshell, Petite Maison, Shipwrights, Wells Springs Cottage, Taldomas Gallery, Thordisa, Marine
View, Storm Cottage,, Bridge View, Crystal Cottage, The Folly, Skylark Cottage, Oyster Apartment and The Boot Room at a small
extra charge, pets are not allowed in any of the other properties. If a
pet arrives without prior arrangement a fee of £100 will be charged or
the hirer will be asked to leave the property immediately and no refund
will be given.
- Smoking. We have a no smoking or vaping policy in all our properties. Any one
found smoking or vaping in the properties will be asked to leave immediately and
no refund shall be given.
- Holiday Cottages in Whitby endeavour to repair or replace broken or
missing items and check regularly all appliances etc, please inform us
immediately if something is not working.
- Holiday Cottages in Whitby reserve the right to decline
accommodation and demand the immediate withdrawal of any persons
behaving in a manner detrimental to the property or the comfort of the
owners or neighbours.
- Cancellation In the event that you should have to cancel your
holiday the deposit is non-refundable. Cancellations in the last 6 weeks
prior to arrival will not be refunded. We strongly recommend that
separate travel insurance is taken out to cover cancellations.
- Whilst it is extremely unlikely, should your cottage be unavailable
for any reason during the time you have booked, we will refund the
relevant portion of the rental paid. In no event shall the liability
exceed the rental paid.
- Payment of the deposit is acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
- A booking fee of £10 for upto 3 night stays and £15 for longer than 3
night stays is required on booking all bookings.
- Should a problem occur on arrival or during your stay please bring
it to our attention immediately as no correspondence will be entered
into after your stay.
- There is a £25 admin fee charge for changes made to the booking.
- Should the guests lose or damage the keys during their stay, a fee of £75 is chargeable should we be able to replace the keys.
Disability Access Statement
Many of our properties are over or accessed via more than one floor and if you are concerned or have questions regarding access please email or ring.